GetResponse vs Aweber comparison – All we know about these email marketing tools. Today I am going to review these products.
Find the best options for yourself between these software. Let’s move to the comparison now:-
What AWeber and GetResponse do?
In simple words, we will say that they are email marketing tools. In reality, these tools are very helpful for your business so the things we could do with these tools are.
- Create Attractive Email Templates
- Hosting a mailing Contacts list
- Send newsletter to your subscriber
These above points are the main functions these tools have but you can use ‘autoresponders’ which will send your subscribers to email automatically.
So Let’s Start with the Price Comparison.
GetResponse pricing vs AWeber pricing
It has 5 price plans:-
- Free:- a free plan that lets you use core GetResponse features with a list of up to 500 subscribers (note that GetResponse advertising is added to your emails, however).
- Basic:- this starts at $15 per month, and lets you send an unlimited number of emails to up to 1,000 subscribers.
- Plus:- starting at $49 per month for up to 1,000 subscribers.
- Professional:- starting at $99 per month for up to 1,000 subscribers.
- Max:- Negotiatable
Get response has a one-month free trial which you can try up to 1000 subscribers.
You can see the above price table and can start with the plan which suits your business best.
This tool comes with 2 price options which are
- Aweber Free
- Aweber Pro
It has a simple price structure as it has only 2 plans. Free plan suggesting the name yourself for Aweber Free plan. You can use the Aweber entirely free. You can find more about Aweber free plan here.
For Aweber Pro, You can see the screenshot of the price table which will help you to decide the plan for yourself.
You can see in the above screenshot the price of the Aweber pro. You can check the Aweber pro here on this link.
If you have more than 500 subscribers on your contact list. You can see the price list here:-
- Up to 500 subscribers: $19.99 per month
- 501 to 2,500: $29.99 per month
- 2,501 to 5,000: $49.99 per month
- 5,001 to 10,000: $69.99 per month
- 10,001 to 25,000: $149.99 per month
It may look complicated in the list above but it’s a simple pro plan Aweber offers. You can check the Aweber Pro here on this link for more understandings.
Who is Winner on Price?
When we are comparing the price Plans of GetResponse and Aweber, the GetResponse basic plan is best for you as its providing a similar feature to Aweber all plans.
GetResponse is definitely the more cost-effective solution. If you have a list with 500 to 1,000 subscribers on it, you’re looking at a $15 per month saving by using the GetResponse ‘Email’ plan instead of AWeber’s equivalent.
so overall I will say that in terms of the winner in pricing the GetResponse is a true winner.
Now, After the price comparison, there are lot more things we have to compare as the price is not an issue for everybody.
Let’s go to Features now.
Overview of core AWeber and GetResponse features
What Are the Similarities between AWeber and GetResponse
GetResponse and Aweber has Similar Functionalities like:-
- Ability to capture data
- A wide range of pre-designed, responsive e-newsletter templates
- Autoresponder functionality
- Statistics on the percentage of subscribers that are opening your emails, clicking links or unsubscribing
- Message builders
- Integration with third-party tools
- A landing page builder
Differences between AWeber and GetResponse
Here are some GetResponse features that are not available in AWeber:
- ‘Conversion Funnels’
- A website builder
- Live chat functionality
- Multilingual email marketing
Here are some AWeber features that are not available in GetResponse : GetResponse vs Aweber
- AMP for email :- Here is the main feature which GetReponse missing and i.e AMP for email. As we know email newsletters has mixture of text and grahpics.
AMP Provides features to recipients to take simple actions like booking a ticket, surveys and weather updates, etc… You can do this even without leaving the website and this feature really provides the edge to Aweber.
We discussed earlier the autoresponder, the emails that are sent automatically to your subscribers at the intervals you define.
But Personally, I use GetReponse for my automation process as compared to Aweber. In GetResponse, It’s easier to set up your automation workflow. I use these automation rules for my funnels.
In Aweber, You can bring in data from the following types of files:-
GetResponse provides you import from the following types:-
Both platforms allow users to add contacts manually so I think both the tools doing great in importing and adding the content. Kudos to both software for this step.
GetResponse recently launched a feature called ‘marketing automation. It makes life easy for marketers with its easy automation process.
You can create the automation process with the drag and drop function- It provides you a complete flow chart of what will do when the user takes action on your emails.
Here are some triggers that will make your life easy:-
- Email opens
- Link clicks
- Product purchases
- Abandoned carts
- URLs visited
- A change in a subscriber’s custom field data
Both the Tools Aweber and GetResponse offer the automation process but let me share some differences with you.
In Aweber, They also have automation with the name tool ‘Campaign’. You can see the screenshot of Aweber here.
Integrations and apps
Both Aweber and GetResponse offer enough integrations with other sites and apps. In terms of battle, Aweber wins with the 800 integrations. Yes, you heard right. Aweber provides the integrations with 800 other sites and apps.
On the other hand, GetResponse provides you with a range of integrations with 150 other websites and apps. Maybe your other third-party app comes in the list of GetResponse’s 150 lists but the Aweber is the winner here.
Landing page creation
I hope you know about the landing pages but if you don’t know then let me tell you that, the landing pages are squeeze pages or web pages that allow us to capture the data from users. You can see my landing page here.
You can see on a landing page you will get a form and lead magnet to capture the data. Here is another area where GetResponse has an edge over Aweber.
You can see the above screenshot. It’s an example of a landing page from GetResponse. You will get several attractive designs and beautiful templates on GetResponse.
Aweber provides you the option to build a landing page as well but GetResponse allows you a simple drag & drop method to build unlimited landing pages for your business.
There is also an A/B testing option is available on GetResponse where you can simply compare which landing page works best for you.
On the other hand, Aweber provides you landing page option but it’s basic in nature. there is no automation policy like A/B testing etc. for Aweber like the GetResponse.
However, Aweber provides you with a more user-friendly interface in terms of landing age building.
Both the Tools provide every basic feature we need to build the landing pages. GetReposne got an edge because of the drag and drop with A/B automation testing. It provides you with unlimited landing page creation opportunities with several beautiful templates. In this battle the winner is GetResponse.
Push notification is a very important tool to allow visitors to opt into the browser-based notification. GetResponse and Aweber both provide the ‘push notification’ to web visitors.
If we look at the battle, Aweber wins here as it provides the push notification feature in the free plan (note that limits apply to how many notification subscribers you can have on the free plan — 50,000, but this is still very generous) as well.
The winner is Aweber here so check the Aweber free plan here…
Send time optimization
It’s a great feature and GetResponse has this feature in their bucket as Aweber misses this feature.
GetResponse sends the email automatically at the time at which it’s mostly like to be opened – GetResponse looks at your subscriber’s journey to email checking habits and GetResponse makes this call yourself on your behalf.
So overall, when it comes to optimizing your emails for the most opens, it’s another win for GetResponse.
Features in GetResponse that you won’t find in AWeber
- A website builder
- Conversion funnels
- Live chat
- Multilingual email marketing
Its time to look at these features of
One of the best features between the GetResponse and Aweber is the webinars. Whatever the plan you will buy from GetResponse you will webinar feature in every plan.
Key features include:
- a multiple presenters option
- whiteboards / presentation design tools
- webinar recording
As we know the webinar are the tool for the lead collection so you can get things done with the email marketing tools. You can add up to 100 participants in your webinar if you are using a free plan.
You can increase the limit with the pro plan of GetResponse. The webinar feature is definitely a stand-out feature of GetResponse.
GetResponse has another important function as a website builder. You can build a website under the GetResponse. we can connect our own domain with it as well.
You will get many templates to create your website in GetResponse. But, Yes the tool is simply basic for building the websites. You can create a simple static page with it.
A funnel with a great lead magnet can become a great asset for you. GetResponse provides you a feature from an email marketing tool to an all-in-one marketing tool. GetResponse provides you with these features in the conversion funnels.
- Create a product catalogue
- Create and manage Facebook ad campaigns
- landing pages
- Add subscribers to an autoresponder cycle
- Drive users to sales pages (also created in GetResponse)
- Take payment for products (using several leading payment gateways)
- Send abandoned cart emails if necessary
GetResponse provides you with the live chat option feature as well. All the users are not going to use this feature.
But, when we are doing a comparison of GetResponse vs Aweber it’s important to tell you about every feature of the tools have.
You can install the live chat option with the code as you need to integrate it with your website.
Multilingual email marketing
Aweber Provides you everything is in the English language only so if you are not a native English speaker. You will face a little bit of a problem understanding the whole concept.
On the other hand, GetResponse works with 27 languages so if English is not your first language don’t worry about that as GetResponse has a solution for you as well.
GetResponse vs AWeber conclusion
I hope you have enough understanding about the tool and features they are providing you. Both the tools provide enough features to create and communicate with an email database.
If you are a beginner in email marketing or a newbie to handle these tools, no worries you can handle these tools with ease.
If we talk about the Aweber, There are a few areas where Aweber has an edge over GetResponse.
- AMP for email
- split testing
- push notifications and autoresponder features on its free plan
- integrates with a wider range of third-party products
But, as you saw above GetResponse provides you with many more features than Aweber.
GetResponse Vs Aweber Winner
It’s time to do some quick comparison about these tools so
GetResponse Vs Aweber: what is the reason to pick GetResponse over Aweber.
- There are several features in GetResponse that you won’t find in AWeber including webinars, a website builder, live chat and multilingual marketing.
- GetResponse’s ‘Marketing Automation’ features currently beat similar workflow-based automation tools offered by AWeber — hands down, in fact.
- The product is more competitively priced than AWeber.
- An 18% discount is available if you pay for the product on an annual rather than monthly basis, and a 30% discount is available if you pay for two years upfront. These discounts are more generous than the AWeber equivalents.
- GetResponse’s built-in landing page creator is more sophisticated than AWeber’s.
- GetResponse’s ‘send time optimization’ feature has the potential to significantly improve your open and clickthrough rates — there’s no equivalent functionality in AWeber.
- You can sell products and create sales funnels with GetResponse out of the box.
- GetResponse works in 27 different languages; AWeber only supports English.
- GetResponse customer support comes in eight different languages; AWeber’s is only available in English.
GetResponse vs Aweber: Reason to pick Aweber over GetResponse
- A greater selection of templates is available.
- It integrates with more third-party apps.
- Push notifications are available on all its plans — even the free one.
- Its split testing features are a bit more flexible.
- AMP for email is supported.
- Phone support is available
I hope you are confident to choose the tool for yourself. If you have any doubt please let me know in the comment section.